By Clémentine Vaccon, Instagram account owner @clemfoodie
Have you ever wanted to try a food and drink pairings?
@clemfoodie suggests a roasted salmon with orange and root vegetables with our Camus Ile de Ré cognac. A perfect marriage of flavors for a comforting dish!
Cognac is a distilled wine that can be perfectly paired with a dish. And Camus Ile de Re, coming from the Île de Ré island benefits from a unique maritime influence, goes very well with fish such as salmon or scallops! Would you want to try it? Here is the recipe:
Ingredients (for 4 persons) :
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 orange
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 8 carrots
- 2 Chioggia beets
- 2 yellow beets
- 8 medium potatoes
- 3 red onions
- Fresh parsley and dill
- Salt and pepper
How to proceed :
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Clean the vegetables and peel the carrots, onions and beets
- Cut the carrots and potatoes in two, and the beets and onions in quarters
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray with baking paper. 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt, bake for 30min
- Squeeze the oranges
- Place the salmon steaks on a plate and add the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey and leave to marinate while the vegetables cook
- After 30 minutes, take the tray with the vegetables out of the oven, add the salmon steaks and bake for another 15-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, add fresh parsley and dill
- Serve in plates or bowls and enjoy this dish with Camus Île de Ré Cognac!
Enjoy your meal!
Order our Ile de Re cognac on the e-shop.